Monday, September 1, 2008

Moving Day

Hi everyone,

I have decided to create a blog so you all know what life is like for me as I enter this new phase of my l life.
Moving Day!
August 29th 2008.
Thanks to Mom and Dad, Nana and Papa the place is really shaping up and I couldn't have done it without you. Having your love and support made it even more special. You definitely have helped make it feel like home.
September 1st is the first official day I move in with Norine. I have a lot of emotions about that day, but mostly I am excited! My dream is coming true with the help of my parents, grandparents and Microboard. I want to also include the help of our two new aides, Faith who comes during the day and Amanda who comes during the late afternoon and evening.  My only hope is that my dog Junior begins to feel safe and secure there. I think the next time I will be writing you, I will be at the apartment. I can't wait for you all to see it! It really is a Purple Pad.
For those of you that want to, you can leave me a message on my blog or my new address is 
750 Pearson #607
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Home # 847/813-5152
Press 025 when you visit
My cell - call first is 847/254-1151
One more quick story then I promise I won't make my entries so long in the future.
Anyways, I was walking with my Nana through the garage to get to my apartment but we didn't realize we had walked so far and we walked right into the other apartment across the street from mine and all this time we were thinking ...why is the swipe card not letting us into the building??? Then a nice man let us in because at that point we thought we were in the right place. We went up to what we thought was my apartment building and at first I thought I was going the wrong way because I knew that the trash room was right next door to my place and I didn't see it.  Also, my door opener that my dad had just gotten for me a few days earlier didn't work, Hummm.  So my grandma knocked on 607 and a little old lady about my mom's size  answered the door and looked at us like we were crazy. We apologized and realized only then that we were in the wrong building! We were embarrassed but had a good laugh for the rest of the day and had a good story to tell. 
Love to all!
-Jess

No comments: