Saturday, September 6, 2008

2 Pieces of Mail, Junior and Shopping

Hi everyone,
I am back in Northbrook giving my aides a break and visiting my family and working until Saturday at three. I have enjoyed being at my apartment and experiencing the freedom of being on my own however, it still feels a little like camp or a hotel because I still come home a little bit.
Thanks to Chi Chi and Amazon, I received my first to pieces of non junk snail mail at my new address. It was so cool! Thank you Chi Chi I love snail mail!
Junior had a hard few days but I think he is doing better now. We had to give him doggie Valium because he was very anxious and out of sorts. Hopefully he will do better in the weeks to come.
One thing that Norine and I already learned about each other is that we eat very differently. For someone like me who doesn’t like to go to the grocery store I had a pretty good time. When we came back to the apartment my mom was there putting stuff away and she almost fell over laughing because both me and Norine came in with bags and bags of groceries wrapped around our chairs.
Now here comes the big news! The next day I went with my day time aide named Faith and we did what I have wanted to do since I turned twenty-one. I thought this would be a perfect time since I had no homework and my parents weren’t around. I bet you can guess what I did since you all know how much I love it! Yes you're right I bought my first twelve pack of beer! It was so exciting!
Cheers to everyone! Lol!
Love
-Jess

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jess-
Just read your blog...what fun you will have recording your little and big steps, and of course those "few little"missteps along the way .
As long as you are in the right building you should be doing fine! Ha.

Hope Junior keeps improving with his comfort zone and send a Hi to Norine, Amanda and Faith.
Love... Sheri

Jatter said...

Hey girl! Great entries! I'm going to LOVE reading your stories on here, so update us often. I was totally LOL at your story about the wrong apartment in the first entry. You know when you're right, you're right, so I'm sure you and Nana had lots of laughs yourselves walking backing to the REAL apartment! I hope school, shopping, and 12-pack drinking are all wonderful in the coming weeks. Remember to write on hear lots:-)
XOXO,
Jen (and Gracie, who says "Woof woof" to Hoo-hee)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessi!! I love your blog. This is so fun to hear about your new apartment. I can't wait to visit when I get back to town. Keep the posts coming. I'm anxiously waiting to hear all your stories!!
Love, Chava

Unknown said...

you love BEER! so funny! and FUN! i am so excited for you and can't wait to see you apartment!
keep telling us stories! i love it!
xoxoxxo megan