Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thank You

Another reason why I write this blog is to share things that have gone well with my assistants to inspire and hopefully help those who want to live on their own with a challenge. So, this entry is a story about something that worked well for me and I understand if it does not work well for you. I just thought it might be helpful. 

As I said in my previous entry, I just lost two assistants and for the most part my time with them went well. So, I decided I would write thank you notes to show my appreciation for what they had done, things I will never forget about them, and things that I would like to leave them to hopefully motivate them to become an even better person as they both go on to higher positions in their life. 

I used to think thank you notes were a waste of paper since my family has always been environmental, thanks to my brother's beliefs and business. But I realized how important just a few words can change a person's outlook on life, inspire them to be better and continue to follow their dreams. I think that the idea of writing thank you notes to your good assistants is a good way to help them feel good about themselves. Everyone needs validation in life and this is the perfect way to do so. It is amazing how just those two words, "Thank you", can make a difference in a person's life. You might not even know what that difference will be, but at least you made an impact in their journey of life. 

I would like to leave you with a quote that perfectly summarizes February for me. 
"My life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next". --Gilda Radner

With much appreciation,
Jessi

No comments: