Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Even though October and November was filled with amazing events including: being part of a physically integrated dance panel discussion, having a cake made by the “Cake Boss” for my birthday, seeing my favorite physically integrated dance group AXIS Dance Company, and a family a trip with my mom and Grandma also known as Chi Chi to Milwaukee. It was a very difficult time for both me and my family because we didn’t have consistent evening staff, which meant I was going to my parents just about every other day.  I felt like a person who is always traveling for business, only in my case I often didn’t know when I would be traveling until hours before.
I love my family, and my family loves me, but it was during this time that I realized the importance of consistency in my life.  Also this period of time was a great example of how quickly your life situation can change at the drop of a hat.
As 2011 comes to a close  I am grateful that I have a family that is always there for me and that I can once again live in the purple pad the way I want to.
May your home be filled with lots of warmth, joy and love this holiday season.
-Jessi

1 comment:

Marge said...

Dear Jessi,
I'm sorry for this disruptive month....and happy for all the great things you did during that time! You are right on both counts though...yes, it is hard to feel like a constant traveler, and yes, you are lucky to have an amazing family! We all long for strong and steady in our daily lives, so I know what you mean. I hope that your holiday is wonderful, healthy and that your companion situation is ironed out.
Wishing a happy new year to you and your family.
Love, Marge