Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's Important?

As I sit here and reflect on the events of this week I am reminded that life isn’t easy.
However I believe that going through hard times makes us stronger people, No matter the severity of the issue.
When I am able to look past my particularly difficult issues I soon realize that I have got it a lot better than a lot of people. I have a loving family that will always be there for me through the good times and the bad. I know that my friends will always be there for me too and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of friends. Three of which I was lucky enough to see this week.
I am also very fortunate to be able to afford food and water and never have to worry about an empty fridge or not having a warm place to sleep at night like many people all around the world do. I am also grateful that I can have fun whenever I want to. In addition I am thankful that I have a wheelchair that helps me to get around and experience the world, for without an electric wheelchair I would be like a prisoner with in my own body. Lastly I am blessed to have Junior, my dog. Even though I don’t really live with him anymore I still really enjoy the time we do spend together and I think the bond we have will never go away, no matter how far I move. No one is perfect! However I think the fact that I dance and now go to yoga classes weekly, has helped me to re-center myself and figure out what is really important.

So what is really important to YOU?

No comments: